Introduction to the job
Our department covers worldwide functional support (24x5hr) for all off-scanner Applications and Infrastructure. These are used by the Customer Support (CS) work force while performing their job in serving our Customer needs. Our mission is to facilitate and improve the productivity of the users of the before mentioned applications and infrastructure in order to meet obligations. Our vision is to facilitate and improve the availability of the before mentioned applications and infrastructure for our engineers in the field.
We are located in Asia, US and Europe. We work together by means of knowledge bases (Wiki), key users, a call management system, and work instructions. We maintain close relationships with the key user organizations, internal suppliers and project organizations to drive the sustainability and availability of CS used off-system applications (e.g. Coach, Maintenance Manager) and technical infrastructure (e.g. BRES, EPS).
This position focuses on the install, upgrade and monitor activities of our Equipment Performance servers (EPS) located at customer datacenters in the field.
Currently the EPS software is improved drastically, causing a major upgrade of the current Installed Base (IB) to be necessary. In order to perform this upgrade efficiently and in the shortest amount of time, the company is in need of install and upgrade engineers who will collaborate closely with the D&E (Technical owner) and CS Infrastructure Management (functional owner) department.
After an intensive on the job training by D&E where you will learn about the processes, procedures and technologies needed you will be working closely with CS Infra to ensure a smooth install and upgrade of the IB, with minimal downtime. In case of issues you will be able to troubleshoot and take corrective actions after consultation with D&E and CS Infra.
Role and responsibilities
- Install new EPS platforms in the field (remotely)
- Upgrade existing IB in the field (remotely)
- Monitor the health of the current IB
- Main technologies: Redhat Linux, VMWare, Networking, Ansible, Shell Scripting, Docker, DC/OS
Education and experience
A relevant BSc or MSc in the area of IT, electronics or computer engineering.
For this position we seek a hands on professional with between 2-5 years of experience in a similar platform(s) environment.
- First of all, you’re passionate about technology and are excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of people in whose daily life based products are standard.
- You’re analytical, and product- and quality-oriented.
- Must Have: Git, Jira, Bamboo and bit bucket experience
- Can explain complex matters in various levels
- Technical background of semiconductor industry processes, process integration, process control, semiconductor devices and manufacturing is a plus.
- You like to investigate issues, and you’re a creative problem solver.
- You’re open-minded, you like to discuss technical challenges, and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
- “Do” mentality, execute the needed steps after alignment with your team.
- The focus topic of today can very quickly change; you are flexible and able to make these kind of context switches (and you strive to minimize the need for these)
- You’re an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
- You take ownership and you support your team
- You’re client and quality oriented – you don’t settle for second-best solutions, but strive to find the best ways to acquire top results.
VMWare, 3PAR, Docker, DC/OS, DNS, Firewall, VCentre, Blade Server, DataCenter, OnSite Support, Ansible, shell scripting, HP hardware, Red Hat releases, Splunk, installs & upgrades, Python.
Solliciteer in vier simpele stappenReply now Op naar de ideale match!
1 van 4Vul je gegevens in
Via onderstaande knop kun je je gegevens achterlaten en je CV uploaden.
2 van 4Wij nemen contact met je op
In een eerste kennismakingsgesprek spreken we je wensen door, je ambities en drijfveren.
3 van 4Persoonlijk gesprek
We stellen je voor aan de klant, je wordt uitgenodigd voor een persoonlijk gesprek.
4 van 4Contract besprekingen
Bij een match bespreken we samen met jou en de klant alle details door.